After a meeting between National Reconciliation and Peace Center (NRPC) and eight Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement Non Signatory Ethnic Armed Organisations (NCA-NS EAOs) a joint declaration was issued.
Following is the unofficial translation of the joint declaration.
Peace Talks between NRPC, eight NCA-NS EAOs
(21 March, 2019)
- NRPC and representatives of 8 NCA-NS EAOs held a meeting at NRPC, Nay Pyi Taw on 21 March 2019.
- At the meeting matter relating to future works of the peace process was discussed openly and cordially among participants who were of equal statuses.
- NPRC and the 8 NCA-NS EAOs agree to strive toward sustainable national reconciliation and peace as follows:
- Continuing the coordination and efforts toward reducing the ongoing armed conflicts.
- Continuing the coordination and efforts toward maintaining stability and peace.
- Both sides to place emphasis on regional development and the benefit of the people in the region.
- To solve the political problems, the basis for national reconciliation and peace, through political means peacefully.
- To continue holding frequent meetings with the participation of decision makers.